Matthew 5. 1-12.
The Beatitudes sum up Jesus’ teaching about what it means to live as a child of God’s kingdom.
- When you want to get away from people where do you go? What do you do?
- What does the world think will make a person happy? Does it? What makes you happy?
- What does it mean to be poor in spirit? What is the opposite of being poor in spirit?
- What does the word “mourn” refer to? What kind of mourning is it talking about?
- What does it mean that we will inherit the earth?
- Which of the groups that Jesus identifies as blessed do we feel closest to? Why is that?
- What is Jesus’ goal in beginning the Sermon on the Mount with the Beatitudes?
God, Our Father, guide us and watch over us as we continue to walk in the footsteps of your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.